Saturday, June 7, 2014

Memory Building~ Just Like Dad: My June 2014 Catholic Mom.com column


As Father’s Day approaches, we moms busily concern ourselves with planning, alongside our kids, a day, a gift, a dinner, cards, many little ways to show our spouses that while we may not express his ever-constant support, he always has it. That he’s appreciated. That he’s loved. More than we can say.
I grew up with a Dad who was the quintessential protector, larger than life itself and the hero of every little girl’s story. I married a man who strives to do the best for his boys. God knows we’re both so imperfect…so are our lives. But we keep at it day after day and we know we’re not in this alone. We have the grace of those vows, once upon a time and right now, though some days are extremely lackluster and buried under piles of laundry, crumbs, muddy cleats, math problems and broken pencils, and oh yeah, a few angrily sputtered  words. Yeah, we’re living our happily ever after.

Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time here at my home on the web!

Don't forget to subscribe to Campfires and Cleats
 by scrolling to the subscribe button at the  top left sidebar.
I'd love to stay in touch regularly.

Until next time,

~Chris

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful writer you are, Chris. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, friend......you're so kind.

      Thanks for visiting! I always love when you stop by!

      Delete
  2. Chris,

    I enjoyed your post. The last sentence summed up everything beautifully! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, Thanks so very much! How sweet of you to leave such kind words after reading....

      Thanks for clicking over, friend!
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  3. Yes, "living our happily ever after." I've said that myself. Here's to all the Dads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica, for stopping by!

      Yes, God bless all the Dads :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Reading your comments makes me a better person! . I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately,I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.

You might also enjoy:

`