Thursday, May 29, 2014

Easter Dessert ~ Tomb Brownies and Our Lord's Resurrection

Welcome!
So here it is, Ascension Thursday already.....and I'm f-i-n-a-l-l-y sharing our "tomb dessert" which graced our table on Easter Sunday!  Life's been full here. So full that I've stopped in only briefly to chronicle confirmation day, festive foods and decor at the gathering and a wonderful boy's  14th birthday. Since then, homeschooling, family and life's details have occupied me such that I'm not quite sure when I'll be hitting that "publish" button on the handful of drafts I've begun here. Hopefully before too awfully long.  But while I find calm in writing and 'scrap booking' here, I find I need  balance in this space. Despite it all, I of course, find not only enjoyment, but calm and sanity too, communicating with all of you is the best part of blogging......!

I've seen clever and cute Easter desserts out there and even tried a couple ( here's last year's Peep Cake)  but  I knew I had to attempt Jennifer's Resurrection Cookie Display, when I saw how easy and festive she made it look! So go to a peek and then come on back for my adaptation...



So here we go...it couldn't be easier!

Resurrection Tomb Brownies: 

Ingredients
*Favorite brownie recipe ( As you can see, I took a shortcut, thanks to Pillsbury)
* Shredded coconut and green food color  ( for grassy area around tomb)
* printed sketch of our Lord, resurrected
 (The one you'll see in my dessert was printed from Jennifer's  post. )
* Marshmallow peeps, to decorate tomb area ( a last minute thought and not pictured here)


Here's the finished product:


And here's the quick how-to:

1.Bake brownies, let cool and then cut to desired "tomb" sizes.
2. Mix green food color into  whatever amount of coconut you'd like to place 
around the tomb.
3. Assemble brownies as boulders/ rocks/ pebbles, along with green coconut and peeps.
(Completely out of place, but who doesn't like a peep in an Easter dessert?)
4. Place our resurrected Lord among the rubble. 
(I  taped the picture to a game piece and its stand so that it was secure enough until we had dessert.)
A  shot of my hubby assembling the concoction.
He loves a kitchen "challenge!"



Enjoy!!





Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time here at my home on the web!

Don't forget to subscribe to Campfires and Cleats
 by scrolling to the subscribe button at the  top left sidebar.
I'd love to stay in touch regularly.

Until next time,

~Chris




8 comments:

  1. You know what I love most? It looks super easy AND I can make a regular one and a gluten free, dairy free version easily. Next year I will do this. Hopefully. Maybe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaime, for stopping by!! It IS really easy.....esp with the boxed brownie mix!! Once the picture is printed out, it's all set!

      Have a great day, Jaime and enjoy the recipe if you decided to make it next Easter!

      Delete
  2. Looks great, Chris! I like how you used the brownies instead of the no-bake cookies. :-) Blessed Ascension to you and the family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen...and thanks to your creativity, we had a lovely dessert/centerpiece!!

      Havea great day, Jen!!

      Delete
  3. What a fun way to teach the Easter story, this would be a hit with my Sunday school class! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful, April! I do hope you get then chance to make the dessert with them next Easter!
      Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  4. Whoo this looks great Chris, yummy :)

    Rhanks for sharing over at Creative Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome. You all are just so creative! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." Hope you can join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/06/try-new-recipe-tuesday-june-10.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Reading your comments makes me a better person! . I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately,I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.

You might also enjoy:

`