Saturday, January 18, 2014

Weekends with Chesterton~ "Boyhood" 1/19/14


Welcome, friends to another Weekend with Chesterton!
Have you visited Sarah's blog, lovely home of the linky
 for more Chesterton wit and wisdom?
Please do! I know you'll be most inspired.
There are soooooo, so many piece of wisdom which
can be gleaned from GCK, but this week, 
I'd love to share 
an expression I love and of which
 I am reminded numerous times per day.
And if you have boys, you are too:

Boyhood is a most complex and incomprehensible thing. 
Even when one has been through it, one does not understand what it was. 
A man can never quite understand a boy, even when he has been the boy.-- 
G. K. Chesterton

Just a couple of photos to illustrate?

 45 degrees? No problem!
Still goin' in!
August 2013
 
Serious painting on the deck ~  June 2009

Look Ma, No Hands!
Extreme pogo
September 2013


video

Chef extraordinaire!
September 2013


Soccer kid 
October 2008


What a catch!
August 2010
Halloween 2008
Civil War soldiers

Ah, there are so many more! Photo albums filled........
But I suppose for some reason, for me,
these are the highlights that represent his verse!

Friends, as always,  thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time here at my home on the web!
Please click to Sarah's for lots more insight into Chesterton!
Also, this book is a great start for more on this giant!



Don't forget to subscribe to Campfires and Cleats
 by scrolling to the subscribe button at the  top left sidebar.
I'd love to stay in touch regularly.

Until next time,

~Chris

Thanks to Shabby Blogs for the cute post dividers!

8 comments:

  1. I don't know if men can understand being a boy, but I certainly never understood boyhood while raising my son. But they certainly are a fun mystery as your pictures point out. : )
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail!
      Who knew, right? They're a ton of fun and mischief, but I know none of us would trade it for anything!

      Thanks for the visit, Gail...great to see you here

      Delete
  2. Boyhood is incomprehensible, indeed. I had two girls before I got my first boy and WHOA! I was in for a surprise! ;) A delightful surprise, of course, if I can only stop holding my breath as he tries to defy natural law on a regular basis...

    I loved your photos! Your boys are precious! (but don't tell them I said so) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah!
      Yes! I love "incomprehensible!" Great description!!

      And defying natural laws....well said!

      Thanks for the visit, friend!

      Delete
  3. Chris,

    I love the photos! I've got some of Chesterton's writings. I feel inspired to read them now I've read your post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boys are awesome :)! My son absolutely cracks me up! I love the Civil War Halloween costumes. Your boys always look so happy! It is making me cold seeing your son jump into that lake...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos were a great illustration of Chesterton's awesome quote. Thanks Chris! Your boys look like they have such darling personalities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, Candace and Rox,
      I so appreciate your visit!! Love your kind words.....
      Your comments make my day!

      take care. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Reading your comments makes me a better person. Seriously.

I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to several spammy, bizarre comments per day! So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.